Sunday, June 28, 2015

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

This novel was recommended by a friend and although I don't read books that are recommended to me, this one really stood out. I don't know if it was the cover or the blurb but I knew I had to read this book. When I heard this novel was turning into a movie, starring Chloe Moretz, I just had to read it before it became a mainstream novel so I could enjoy it to its full capacity and not get any spoilers. Also, to know that a second book is currently being written called 'The Infinite Sea' makes me so happy and anxious to read it as soon as it comes out!

The 5th Wave a complex story and one needs to make sure not to miss a single sentence. It's fast-paced and an intriguing page-turner.

Cassie is a very brave, interesting character who doesn't let anything or anyone stand in her way. She's persistent and and although she's quite closed off, you feel as though you can connect to what she believes in. If I say too much, I'll give the book and it's conflicts away but lets just say it's a very complicated alien apocalypse. The use of technology is very advanced and this novel is quite gory, and definitely not for the faint-hearted. The descriptions are in quite a lot of detail and paint a clear picture of what is being described which I find to be very important in a good book.

I cannot get over how amazing this book is and highly recommend that you read it! Leave a comment here once you read it and let me know whether you liked it or not!

20 comments:

  1. I've read the whole trilogy - The 5th Wave, The Infinite Sea, and The Last Star. The first was my favorite (for the novelty of the premise) but they're all pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I have yet to read The Infinite Sea and The Last Star, however I will add these two to my list of summer books! 😀

      Do you recommend any other books for me to read during the summer? I'm always open for suggestions! 📚

      Delete
    2. Hi Ellie. If you like sci-fi books, I'd recommend Cixin Liu's trilogy:

      "The Three Body Problem"
      "The Dark Forest"
      "Death's End"

      It's excellent.

      Delete
    3. I actually have not read many sci-fi books, as I'm more of a thriller / mystery book kinda gal, but nonetheless, I will most definitely check that trilogy out! Thank you so much for the suggestion! 👍

      Delete
  2. El, You're welcome. I'm a big mystery/thriller fan also. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! What book are you currently reading? 📚

      - El

      Delete










    2. 32076678


      Currently Reading










      saving…

      saving…
      Facebook










      saving…
      saving…
      saving…

      loading…


      loading…


      loading…


      loading…


      loading…


      loading…


      loading…


      loading…


      saving…

      Facebook


      saving…




      Rate this book



      1 of 5 stars2 of 5 stars3 of 5 stars4 of 5 stars5 of 5 stars

      Preview

















      El, I'm reading:
      "The Fact of a Body: A Murder and a Memoir"
      by Alexandria Marzano - a non-fiction book about a child molester/murderer

      and

      "Ghosts Gone Wild" by Carolyn Hart - a humorous cozy about ghost detectives (ha ha ha).

      What are u reading?

      Delete
    3. Sounds good! I'm reading Bifocal at the moment, as well as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo!

      - El

      Delete
  3. This one has been on my TBR for awhile now, but I've been dragging my feet. I'll have to bump it up on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one! Have you watched the movie?

      - El

      Delete
  4. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, The 5th Wave is truly one of the epic ones out there.
    I'm still livid mad as book 3 (I won't say anything in case you haven't read it), but book 1 is one of my all times favorite.
    I'm glad to see you enjoyed it, too ^^
    Have you had the chance to read the rest of the trilogy yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty great! Have you watched the movie?

      I actually have not read the rest of the trilogy! I'll get to it soon!

      - El

      Delete
  6. I haven't read this book, but did see the film - and much to my surprise, I enjoyed it more than I thought. :)

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland, El and for the follow. Visit anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to watch the film!

      No problem, and thank you so much!

      - El

      Delete